Monday, May 4, 2009

Closer to truth...and danger

Tonight, Joe and I finally snuck into HBH. I witnessed their unusual productivity inside the shop. Suddenly, we were accosted by a security guard who took us to a room and interrogated us about what we knew about HBH having “cracked the G-code.” Then an HBH boss demanded to know who tipped me off about their faster setups and easier CNC. Of course, I wouldn’t reveal my source. Before they threw us out, they unraveled all the tape in Joe’s camera and I was furious. Just then I got a call on my cell. I recognized the voice immediately as Dark Cover. He mentioned RELIC, the big CNC manufacturer, claiming “it’s a condition job shops have tolerated for too long”. Then he said we’d been “compromised.” Sure enough, we looked up and saw two guys videotaping us from a black car. They began to chase our van, about to catch us when a truck pulled out and blocked their way. On the truck were the words “Seeing is Believing”. I’m determined to find out what it means.

No comments: